Thursday, May 29, 2014

Platform Reflections

While thinking about my platform and the upcoming Pageant next week, I have been reflecting on how blessed I have been this year to get to speak with so many elementary and middle school aged students. Promoting Operation Fit Kids and speaking to students about the importance of a healthy diet, exercise, and getting enough sleep. Thank you to all of the teachers at Shepard Elementary, Russell Blvd Elementary, Rock Bridge Elementary, Fairview Elementary, Mill Creek Elementary and Gentry Middle School who graciously allowed me to come into your 20 + classrooms to speak to more than 600 children about my platform.

Thank you to my dance studio for giving me time to speak with parents about how important their influence is on children and supporting their kids by providing fun ways for them to stay fit.

Thank you to my fabulous 14 friends at Rock Bridge High School who volunteered their time to come out and spend their Saturday showing 60 young children how much fun that fitness can be. I couldn't have done this event without you!

I plan to continue promoting Operation Fit Kids in the upcoming year and hope I can reach even more parents and children who will embrace the benefits of practicing a fit lifestyle.

Miss Chesterfield Valley's Outstanding Teen
Fitness Fun Day Participants and Volunteers



No comments:

Post a Comment